Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Do I Hate Everything?

I just watched that video where that lady had to put her dog down, and her boyfriend or whatever, decides to give her a pug puppy to cheer her up. It infuriated me. Why?

Was it because I despise the audacity of people to assume that shit they do is important enough to be recorded and broadcast? I am, after all, reporting every dumb thing I experience on twitter, etc. 

Is it because it's fucking emotionally exploitive? Your girlfriend weeping because you did something nice is kind of an intimate moment, like, when she starts crying, turn the camera off and just be there, Jesus! 

Is it because like, SHE JUST PUT HER LIFE LONG DOG DOWN AND MAYBE SHE NEEDS SOME TIME BEFORE SHE GETS ANOTHER ONE? 

Or am I just super jealous? Do I wish I had dudes buying me baby pugs in times of emotional vulnerability and then like, making sure everyone knows how great they are? 

Something about this particular video feels so contrived, so invasive. 

Where was all my rage directed before I had to know what everyone was watching on youtube all the time? My mom, I guess. 

I hate everything. 

No comments: