Sunday, January 24, 2010

becky

A few years ago my friend Becky died unexpectedly. She was my camp counselor one year at Junior High camp, but wasn't too much older than me. She was an amazingly faithful young woman who had worked hard to accomplish much. Becky inspired me and encouraged me. We were involved in many things together and I always looked forward to my time with her.
I was just looking at recent pictures her family took together on facebook. I wondered if it was hard for them, to gather as a family and pretend someone isnt missing.... or have they really healed and feel complete again?
Before she died she was in the hospital in a coma for about week, and I had the opportunity to go see her, but I couldn't. I wouldn't do it. I couldn't get in my car and go. I can't believe I gave up that last chance.
I will never let that happen again.

No comments: