Wednesday, August 13, 2008

characters not welcome.

so my mom got DVR like 5 months ago.
I have tried to record like, 2 shows, and 2 movies in the past five months, but, nothing i try to record stays on because my mom MUST record and rewatch at least like 3 times, every single law and order, on every channel, and every other crime drama (monk, psych, in plain sight, medium, etc), and every reality competition show Bravo has to offer.
I have never had the chance to watch any of the shows i have recorded because they are immediately replaced with something my mom already watched.
I mentioned this to her and she flipped out and said "WELL, REMEMBER THIS, YOU CAN TELL YOUR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS WHAT A HORRID BITCH YOUR MOTHER WAS BECAUSE OF THIS." I said "ok."
At senior high camp, Doug, our dean, wanted to start brain storming next years theme, and he was like "I was thinking characters welcome, and we could do stuff with Monk and Psych" and I almost threw up like that scene in I heart Huckabees where Jude Law realizes he never does anything with out telling the tuna fish story.

anyway. I will forever have a deep resentment for each of these shows, and Anthony Bourdain and select IFC programming will forever be fought-for treasures I will feel lucky to catch.

God I love this man.
anthony-bourdain.jpg
Come on! Anthony Bourdain Vs. Tony Shalhoub! No contest!

No comments: